Latest News

Part of the proceeds made from the "Blue Smoke" record will go towards the ... Read More
A message from the Prime Minster for this
Latest events

Public Trust

Benefits for RSA Members

Public Trust is proud to provide trustee services such as Wills, enduring powers of attorney, and trusts, as well as personal assistance services to RSA members.

When it comes to protecting your family’s best interests and your personal affairs, you need to know that you’re getting competitively-priced, independent, expert advice, and that your wishes will be carried out as requested.

Public Trust has a wealth of experience and expertise you can draw on. As New Zealand’s largest trustee organisation, we’ve been helping New Zealanders for over 130 years with legal and financial services. So whatever your stage of life, you’ll find we can help ... you only have to ask.

We’re proud to be the RNZRSA’s chosen provider of a range of services to RSA members.

  • Wills
  • Enduring powers of attorney
  • Family, charitable, education and funeral trusts
  • Personal assistance services


A Will is one of the most important documents you can have. It lets you decide how you will provide for your family and how your affairs should be managed after you’re gone. If you pass away without a Will…

    • it can be complicated and costly to sort things out through the Courts
    • some of the people you care about most could miss out altogether
    • your loved ones may be left with the worry and uncertainty of not knowing your last wishes.

There are certain laws that can affect your Will. We can give you expert advice on the options you have for managing any problems these laws may create for you.

It’s also important to keep your Will up to date, and you should review it whenever there’s a major change in your life, for example if a personal relationship changes or a child or grandchild is born.

We’re the most experienced organisation in New Zealand when it comes to writing Wills - we’re here to make it easy for you.

Enduring powers of attorney

An enduring power of attorney (EPA) allows someone else to manage your affairs when you are unable to yourself. Many people think that their family can just take over for them if they can’t manage their own affairs any more – unfortunately this isn’t true.

If you don’t have an EPA, the people who care for you may need to apply to the Family Court before they can act on your behalf. This may take a lot of time, money and add extra stress for your loved ones. We can help you set up your EPA to suit your personal situation.


We can set up trusts to help protect your assets and provide for the future. We’ll also manage your trust and help ensure your intentions are carried out.

Our team of lawyers, accountants and family trust specialists are experienced in tailoring trusts to suit each unique situation. You can also talk to us about education, charitable, inheritance or pre-paid funeral trusts.

So whether you are looking to protect your assets for your family, or you want to provide for your grandchildren’s education, or even set aside money for funeral arrangements we can help.

Personal assistance services

We offer a service, called Personal Assist, that can help you take care of your financial and property affairs. From paying your bills to applying for pensions or selling your home, we can deal with banks, agents and advisors on your behalf.

Personal Assist can make life easier and take away many day to day worries. You remain independent and in control, and have your own personal advisor to provide advice and support when you need it.

The service is tailored to your needs, so we can do as much or as little as you want.

How we can help

We’ll give you practical advice on how to achieve what you want. Our aim is to help you protect your family’s best interests – so whatever your stage of life, you’ll find we can help.

For more information or to make an appointment with one of our specialists call 0800 371 471 or visit



Thanks for signing up. You're on our list to get our email updates.

Looks like the possums found a new hiding spot. We’ve dispatched our animal control guys to get them.